Faculty of Electrical Engineering

Czech Technical University in Prague

CTU in Prague

We commemorate the 65th anniversary of the official existence of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering

Electrotechnics has been taught from the year of 1881 at "K. und K. Deutsche Technische Hochschule in Prag" under the leadership of Adalbert Waltenhofen and in 1884 at "C. K. Česká vysoká technická škola v Praze" directed by Karel Vaclav Emanuel Zenger. In the year of 1891 Karel Domalíp established the Department of Electrical Engineering. Later on, the University of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering was established under "C. a K. Česká vysoká technická škola v Praze", which became a part of the Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU) in 1918. Czech universities were closed during the World War II. On the 4th of June in 1945 the teaching at CTU has resumed. After the year of 1948, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering was established from a part of the original University of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.

Responsible person: